Looking for homeschool groups near you, the cheapest places to buy used books, or where to find good online classes? We hope these links will help you get connected, whether you’re a new homeschooler or have been at it for a while.
This is a listing of the major homeschool curriculums. The majority of them are written from a Christian worldview – if you are looking for something else, you might try Calvert, TOPS, or Pathway Publishing. We sell the science courses for many of these.
- Alpha Omega. Grades K-12. We sell LifePac science curriculum and kits and Switched-on Schoolhouse science curriculum and kits.
- A Beka. We sell science kits with lab materials for use with each grade of this curriculum.
- Apologia. A science curriculum that’s great for homeschools, grades 2-12. We sell curriculum and kits.
- Bob Jones University Press. Grades K-12. We sell science curriculum and kits.
- Calvert. Grades K-8. Accredited homeschooling programs and testing services.
- Christian Light. Grades K-12. We sell science kits with the necessary lab materials.
- Covenant Home. Grades K-12.
- K12. Complete online homeschooling courses.
- KONOS. Grades K-12. Unit studies.
- The JASON Project. Offers ‘experience-based’ curriculum applying real-life research to math and science.
- OdysseyWare. Offers a ‘Multimedia’ electronic curriculum for grades 3-12.
- TOPS. Hands-on science unit studies using simple things.
If you’re going to use a curriculum for science, we offer course-specific science kits that save you time and money on labs. To see our full selection, visit our curriculum page and science kits page.
Homeschool Online Classes
- Escondido Tutorial Service. A variety of online high school classes, plus ‘Great Books’ classes for families doing classical education. See also ETS’s links to other tutorials.
- Bob Jones Distance Learning. Enhance your homeschool with special network programs for each grade. This doesn’t eliminate you as a teacher, but allows your children to watch lab experiments, take Government and French courses, and much more.
- Writing Assessment Services. Have your children’s papers professionally assessed.
- Online classes for grades 7-12 from a Christian perspective.
- Homeschool.com Labeled as ‘Your Virtual Homeschool’, this site has a lot of resources.
- NATHHAN. Resources and support for families with special needs kids.
- AHA Homeschool Weblogs Blog. This is constantly-updated listing and review of homeschool blogs.
- Homeschool Basics Blog. Find answers to many common questions about homeschooling at this helpful blog!
- LibrarySpot. Find an abundance of reference links here!
- The Mailbox Magazine. This a good resource for teaching elementary-age kids!
- Scholastic Lesson Plans Science and other lesson plans, reproducibles, and activities for grades PreK-12.
- Homeschool Science. Visit the makers of Stratton House kits for free sample lessons.
- Starting a Homeschool Science Fair. This article has some helpful tips for establishing a local homeschool science fair!
Books About Homeschooling
- The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home by Susan Wise Bauer and Jessie Wise.
- Beyond Survival: A Guide to Abundant-Life Homeschooling by Diana Waring
- Complete Guide to Getting Started in Homeschooling by Mary Pride
NOTE: Home Science Tools is not affiliated with any of the above curriculum publishers or service providers. Home Science Tools does not necessarily agree with or endorse all opinions and information expressed on the sites listed in this newsletter. Please use at your discretion.